COVID Vaccine Now Open to All RC & IHSS Consumers & High-Risk Medical Conditions!
The state of California announced that all consumers of Regional Centers, independent living centers, and In-Home Supportive Services — as well as those with high-risk medical conditions — are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine starting March 15, 2021. Individuals can verify through self-attestation.
Who Is Eligible?
- All enrolled consumers (ages 16 and up) of Regional Centers, independent living centers, IHSS, and community-based adult services/adult day health centers.
- Anyone (ages 16 and up) with a high-risk medical condition.
Will I Need a Letter?
- Verification documentation of the diagnosis or type of disability is not required, but anyone meeting the eligibility requirements will be asked to sign a self-attestation that they meet the criteria for high-risk medical conditions or disabilities.
- DDS has asked Regional Centers to still issue personalized letters to their consumers. People can bring this letter when getting a vaccine in case there are any questions. Other programs may still issue letters too.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
- Your health care provider: Check with your health care provider to see if they have vaccines and available appointments.
- Pharmacies: You can check your local pharmacies to see if they have vaccines and available appointments.
- Your local health department: Your local health department’s website will continue to have information about how to find available vaccine appointments, even as national supply remains limited.
- Community pop-up clinics: Community pop-up clinics for people with high-risk medical conditions and disabilities will roll out in mid-March and will be targeted to those living in communities with the lowest Healthy Place Index scores. Community partners will outreach to people eligible for the pop-up clinics.
- MyTurn: As vaccine supply increases and the statewide vaccinator network grows, you will be able to schedule an appointment through MyTurn in two ways: myturn.ca.gov or calling 1-833-422-4255 (M-F 8AM-8PM, Sa-Su 8AM-5PM).